Workday Prism Analytics Interview Questions and Answers
The Following are the set of Workday Prism Analytics Interview Questions
1. What Precisely is Workday Prism Analytics?
Workday Prism Analytics is a Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tool that allows users to explore and analyze their data to make more informed decisions. It is part of the Workday suite of enterprise cloud applications designed to help businesses manage their financials, human resources, and other vital functions. It is intended to be easy to use and intuitive, allowing users to quickly and easily explore and analyze their data without needing specialized technical skills.
2. To what extent does Workday Prism Analytics Provide Advantages?
- Workday Prisms allow you to bask all the business logic rules needed to create an appropriate report while securing all sensitive data.
- We gain faster and more accurate insights, allowing us to develop more informed strategies.
- We have access to data via a high-quality user experience. Employees can connect to the information where and when they need it.
- Prism analytics are unique because speed is built into the process and presentation.
- Only people with the appropriate security roles can use the data they need. We restrict access and display based on user permissions.
- Prism Analytics is easy-to-use. People of varying levels and skill set can use prisms in the Workday UI.
- We can reduce the time required to create and manage reports by up to 99 and gain increased productivity.
3. What Companies use Workday Prism Analytics?
Companies using Workday Prism Analytics are:
- Amazon Flex
- Google Adwords
- Morgan Stanley
- Tech Mahindra.
4. List out the Analytics Features of Workday Prism Analytics?
- Performance Management
- Data Visualization and Exploration
- Advanced Reporting and Analytical Security
- Self-Service Analytics and Reports
- Leader boards and Report Cards
- Programmatic Analytics
- Recruiting Analytics
- Workforce Analytics
- Recommendations and Predictions
- Insight Explorer.
5. Is a career in Workday Prism Analytics Worthwhile?
By implementing Workday Prism Analytics, you may have the opportunity to build a rewarding career that is challenging and exciting. You will be able to develop the technical skills required to build and implement reports. As more organizations turn to Workday Analytics, they also need the specialized skill sets to create and deliver informative analytical insights. Eventually, this will lead to the need for skilled individuals who can design and implement analytical reporting applications. Training in providing these advanced analytical and reporting systems is an excellent way to build a successful Career in Analytics.
6. When using Workday Prism Analytics, what type of Reports can I Expect to Receive?
Easily export data from Excel to the prism analytics and reporting module.
Minimize repetitive tasks with visual data fields of data sources or visuals.
Easily create business rules based on reporting components.
Get a clear picture of your data.
Create reports that are tailored to display data in specific formats with reports.
7. What Abilities are necessary to Succeed as a Workday Prism Analytics Human Capital Management Consultant?
Workday Prism Analytics HCM Consultant consists of skills that help in the growth and expansion of the company and therefore help the institution build a substantial amount of success. The essential skills are listed below.
- Domain Understanding of Technology
- Large-Scale Workday Implementation
- Analytics Models and Consulting
- Ability to Communicate with Clients
- A Data-Driven and Structured mind
- Open to Learning new things and Updates
- Skills to write Reports and Track KPI
- Composite Experience
- Ability to Handle Multiple Tools, Marketing Tools, HCM Solutions Products etc..,
- Ability to put forth a Plan and Thinking Abilities.
8. What does "Prism Data Sources" mean?
Data Sources in prism are used to create custom business transaction reports and Workflow to prepare custom report data. Data references in databases such as SQL Server Oracle MySQL and Web Services are examples of Prism Data Sources. A Prism Data Source is made up of a definition that can be simple or complex, which consists of data types, relations triggers, and sample data.
9. What do we mean by "Datasets"?
Datasets refer to the collection of related tables or objects that can be utilized in accomplishing Workday assignments. Various types of datasets are available to support custom integration. Database Integration In this type of integration, map project worth cart terminals and put the necessary logic to join Workday with external data sources and transform the information. Workday Integration Mobile In this type of integration, map the mobile reports and change the variable in mobile layouts.
10. What are the different types of Prism Data Source Fields?
The Prism Data Source Field Type represents a column in a data set. It allows precise control over the retrieval and storage of custom data sources and configures the presentation of data displayed with Visual Composer.
Features include syntax error highlighting as you enter the data source URL. It detects many common mistakes as you type and displays helpful hints. Provides a preview of the data set below the field editor. Provides a basic but sufficient set of data source controls for quickly editing and connecting to data sources. Example Text File XML Database. Set the mode for the data source to live or cached.
11. Describe Prism Reporting
Archiving and Reporting tool that records details of the administrations made from the Workday Studio.
Prism Reporting analysis gives reports based on a single record characterized by a distinct worker. Essentially report is made up of the fields of the record.
A prism reporting scope is an object that has particular fields. Prism reports can be created on dimensions used in the outline using the simple prism report.
12.What is the Workday's Database?
The Workday is built over an object-relational database. It helps you connect to various sources like tenant SDB and Oracle. You can also export and import data in spreadsheet formats and XML.
It gives the facility to manipulate data. It uses indexes to speed up the search. You can create and maintain the queries with a robust query builder. Workday uses the data push framework to inform the users whenever there is an update quickly.
Also, since the relational database generates the reports, they are suitable for ad hoc queries and reports.
13. What Tools does Workday use for Reporting?
Workday offers a variety of report types, including
- Embedded Reports
- Drillable Reports
- Administrative Reports and Charts
- Standard Reports and Charts
- Import Data Export Data and Utility Multi-Table Reports.
14. What are Integrations for Workday Prism Analytics?
Workday Prism Analytics Integration will allow you to connect and combine Workday Analytic data with external data sources in real-time and at scale to solve today s most perplexing analytic challenges. Workday Prism Analytics Connectivity will provide the core framework to develop, effectively deploy, and support the workday harness. These integrations are up to live and allow you to utilize business data per your requirements.
15. Name some Problems with Workday Prism Analytics
- Not efficient for huge data volumes
- Works slowly when you’re in the process of record bounding
- Accordingly, never ever indicates data source limits by default
- Can restrict employee information
- The tool showcases more complicated costs when contrasted with competitive tools
- Specialist brilliance is expensive and it takes some time to figure out the Workday Prism.
16. In what ways does this Workday Prism Analytics Platform serve us?
The Prism Technology Provides the means to get analysis in a moment within a general-purpose enterprise technology climate. With the prism report technology, we could immediately give public and operational performance reports on any data within the Workday environment and adapt the requirements with customized visuals.
17. Where do you see Workday Prism Analytics heading in the future?
Workday Prisms will continue to evolve as new technologies emerge and more customers enter the market who need unique and highly advanced analytic capabilities that can extend the capabilities beyond Workday. Workday prisms will continue to be a perfect option for enterprises that require flexible analytics beyond what native analytics can provide. Today Workday prisms apply to a broader range of use cases, including Human Capital Management HCM Financials Workday Analytics and external data. Therefore, with the continuous release of new prism applications supporting a more comprehensive range of use cases, there is a strong and visible growth opportunity.
18. Can you list the some kinds of Security Groups that can be used with Workday Prism Analytics?
- Taxonomy Access
- Taxonomy Data Inspector
- Custom Security Group
- Business Process Security Group
- Maintain Individual Employee Data
- Fetch data from the Corporate Directory or Recruiting
- Website Access Event
- User Management Roles
- Report-Based Audit Security Group
- Public security Group
- Managing Self-Service Access.
19. What is the role of a Workday Prism Analytics Consultant?
Workday Prism Analytics consultants engage in varied projects carrying out various tasks You act as a subject matter expert advising clients and making meaningful recommendations through data analysis.
Specific Projects within the Workday Environment and Technologies could include:
- Analyzing and reporting on large-scale data from modified or enhanced reports and out-of-the-box components
- Building custom report components using web services or ATS
- Developing and re-using existing report components to deliver a range of application enhancements
- The business rules and controls required to enable data-driven business processes
- Participating in and delivering training across Workday configurations and functionality
- Conducting deep learning into leading-edge Workday functionality as it becomes available
- Gathering internal guidelines on how to format.
20. How should Data be Analyzed and Visualized?
Data should be analyzed by the business users closest to the data and the business requirements. These business users need to identify the data sources which will provide the data required to analyze the business process. The data should be pre-processed to make it fit for the analysis. Once the data is processed, the study can be performed on the data. The types of research will depend on the business requirement. The data can be analyzed using various analytical tools.